- Individual W-2 Forms are downloadable from myWSU beginning January 15, 2014. W-2 Forms will be mailed during the second week of January
- File your income taxes electronically free at this IRS sponsored site: http://www.irs.gov/app/freeFile/welcome.jsp
- W-2 Forms are forwardable if you have a mail forward on file within the last six months at the United States Postal Service.
- If you have not received a W-2 Form by January 31, 2014, go to myWSU and use your browser print key to print a copy, or call Payroll Services at 335-9577 and request a replacement copy. It takes 24 to 36 hours for replacement forms to be produced.
- If you use proprietary software (like Turbo-Tax) to complete your personal income taxes, you may use any control number value you wish.
- The values in Box 1 and Box 2 of form W2 are the figures used in reporting income to the Internal Revenue Service.
- Box 12:
|Code D 401K -||GTN 080: Thrift Savings Plan (Reductive)|
|GTN 087: Catchup Thrift Savings Plan (Reductive)|
|GTN 238: Addl TSP (Reductive)|
|Code E 403B -||GTN 008: TIAA CREF (Reductive) only if age 50 or older and contribution is 10%
(this is the optional amount between 7.5% and 10% times your YTD Retirement Gross Wages)
|GTN 106: SRA TIAA CREF (Reductive)|
|Code G 457 -||GTN 108: State Deferred Comp (Reductive)|
|Code P -||Moving Expenses|
|Code W -||Health Savings Account|
|Code BB -||Roth 403b deductions|
|Code DD -||Cost of employer-paid medical|
- Box 14-Other includes the personal use of leased vehicles.
- The Social Security maximum wage in 2013 is $113,700. In 2014 the maximum wage is $117,000.
- The amount of supplemental pension / Workers’ Compensation that employees may claim on IRS Schedule A for 2013 is $89.09.
- The standard deduction amounts for 2014 increase to $12,400 for married couples filing jointly or surviving spouses ($12,200 in 2013), $6,200 for single taxpayers and married taxpayers filing separately ($6,100 in 2013), and $9,100 for heads of household ($8,950 in 2013). Note that under ATRA 2012, the standard deduction for married taxpayers filing jointly is permanently set at 200% of the standard deduction for single taxpayers.
- The personal exemption amount for 2014 is $3,950 ($3,900 in 2013). Note that under ATRA 2012, the phase out of the personal exemption for higher income taxpayers is reinstated and begins at $250,000 of adjusted gross income for single taxpayers, at $300,000 for married couples filing jointly or surviving spouses, at $150,000 for married taxpayers filing separately, and at $275,000 for heads of household.
IRS SERVICE PROVIDES ONLINE REFUND INFORMATION
Taxpayers can quickly go online this year and check the status of their individual federal income tax refunds. Where’s My Refund? - at www.irs.gov - is the first IRS web-based service giving taxpayers direct access to their personal tax account information.
Non-web-enabled taxpayers can get the same information by calling IRS’s new refund hotline at 1-800-829-1954 or using IRS’ automated refund service at 1-800-829-4477.
1042S forms will be mailed in February to those non US citizens who had an unqualified scholarship or any amount paid as exempt under a tax treaty.
2013 IRS Forms & Instructions for
- Form 1040NR (PDF format)
- Instructions 1040NR (PDF format)
- Form 1040NR-EZ (PDF format)
- Instructions 1040NR-EZ (PDF format)
- Form 8843 (PDF format)
Print Tax Forms
- W4 - 2014 Federal Withholding Tax Form, PDF format, 2 pages 114KB