2019 W-2 Form Fast Facts
- Individual W-2 Forms are available for viewing and printing from myWSU beginning January 21, 2020. W-2 Forms will be mailed during the fourth week of January to employee’s mailing address.
- File your income taxes electronically free at this IRS sponsored site: https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free
- W-2 Forms are forwardable if you have a mail forward on file within the last six months at the United States Postal Service.
- If you have not received a W-2 Form by January 31, 2020, go to myWSU and use your browser print key to print a copy, orRequest For Replacement of Tax Forms.to payroll services.
- If you use proprietary software (like Turbo-Tax) to complete your personal income taxes, you may use any control number value you wish.
- Separated employees can obtain a copy of their W-2 through Web PBS.
- Additional tax forms:
- 1099R- sent to WSU retirees who receive RET payments from WSU not from Washington State Department of Retirement System.
- 1099Misc- distributed through Accounts Payable.
- 1098T- distributed through Student Financial Services.
- The values in Box 1 and Box 2 of form W2 are the figures used in reporting income to the Internal Revenue Service.
- Box 12:
Code D 401K Thrift Savings Plan (Reductive) Catchup Thrift Savings Plan (Reductive) Additional TSP (Reductive) Code E 403B TIAA CREF (Reductive) only if age 50 or older and contribution is 10%
(this is the optional amount between 7.5% and 10% times your YTD Retirement Gross Wages)
SRA TIAA CREF (Reductive) Code G 457 State Deferred Comp (Reductive) Code P Moving Expenses Code W Health Savings Account (employee + employer data provided by Health Care authority) Code BB Roth 403b deductions Code DD Cost of employer-paid medical
- Box 14-Other includes the personal use of leased vehicles.
- The Social Security maximum wage in 2019 is $132,900.
- The standard deduction amounts for heads of households rises to $18,530 for tax year 2019 ($18,000 for tax year 2018). The other standard deduction amounts for 2019 are $12,200 for singles and married persons filing separately ($12,000 for tax year 2018) and $24,400 ($24,000 for tax year 2018) for married couples filing jointly.
IRS SERVICE PROVIDES ONLINE REFUND INFORMATION
Taxpayers can quickly go online this year and check the status of their individual federal income tax refunds. Where’s My Refund? – at www.irs.gov – is the first IRS web-based service giving taxpayers direct access to their personal tax account information.
Non-web-enabled taxpayers can get the same information by calling IRS’s refund hotline at 1-800-829-1954 or using IRS’ automated refund service at 1-800-829-4477.
- Click here for IRS
- 2018 Pension Plan Limits
- IRS Download Prior Year forms and publications
- IRS Free Tax Help Available
- How to Obtain a Transcript of Your Past Tax Information
- Click here for IRS Forms & Publications
- Non Resident Employees
- WSU Office of International Programs Global Services Department offers Glacier Tax Prep service for free. These resources can help nonresident employees with filing personal tax returns. More information is found at https://ip.wsu.edu/on-campus/scholar-taxes/
- 1042S forms will be mailed in February to those non US citizens who had an unqualified scholarship or any amount paid as exempt under a tax treaty.
- Frequently Asked Questions for Non-resident Alien Tax Purposes Only