2017 W-2 Form Fast Facts
- Individual W-2 Forms are available for viewing and printing from myWSU beginning January 18, 2018. W-2 Forms will be mailed during the fourth week of January to employee’s mailing address.
- File your income taxes electronically free at this IRS sponsored site: https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free
- W-2 Forms are forwardable if you have a mail forward on file within the last six months at the United States Postal Service.
- If you have not received a W-2 Form by January 31, 2018, go to myWSU and use your browser print key to print a copy, or call Payroll Services at 335-9575 and request a replacement copy. It takes 24 to 36 hours for replacement forms to be produced.
- If you use proprietary software (like Turbo-Tax) to complete your personal income taxes, you may use any control number value you wish.
- The values in Box 1 and Box 2 of form W2 are the figures used in reporting income to the Internal Revenue Service.
- Box 12:
Code D 401K GTN 080: Thrift Savings Plan (Reductive) GTN 087: Catchup Thrift Savings Plan (Reductive) GTN 238: Additional TSP (Reductive) Code E 403B GTN 008: TIAA CREF (Reductive) only if age 50 or older and contribution is 10%
(this is the optional amount between 7.5% and 10% times your YTD Retirement Gross Wages)
GTN 106: SRA TIAA CREF (Reductive) Code G 457 GTN 108: State Deferred Comp (Reductive) Code P Moving Expenses Code W Health Savings Account (employee + employer data provided by Health Care authority) Code BB Roth 403b deductions Code DD Cost of employer-paid medical
- Box 14-Other includes the personal use of leased vehicles.
- The Social Security maximum wage in 2017 is $127,200.
- The standard deduction amounts for heads of households rises to $9,350 for tax year 2017 ($9,300 for tax year 2016). The other standard deduction amounts for 2017 are $6,350 for singles and married persons filing separately ($6300 for tax year 2016) and $12,700 ($12,600 for tax year 2016) for married couples filing jointly.
- The personal exemption amount for 2017 is $4,050 unchanged from tax year 2016.
IRS SERVICE PROVIDES ONLINE REFUND INFORMATION
Taxpayers can quickly go online this year and check the status of their individual federal income tax refunds. Where’s My Refund? – at www.irs.gov – is the first IRS web-based service giving taxpayers direct access to their personal tax account information.
Non-web-enabled taxpayers can get the same information by calling IRS’s refund hotline at 1-800-829-1954 or using IRS’ automated refund service at 1-800-829-4477.
- Click here for IRS
- 2017 Pension Plan Limits
- IRS Download Prior Year forms and publications
- IRS Free Tax Help Available
- How to Obtain a Transcript of Your Past Tax Information
- Click here for IRS Forms & Publications
- 1042S forms will be mailed in February to those non US citizens who had an unqualified scholarship or any amount paid as exempt under a tax treaty.
- Frequently Asked Questions for Non-resident Alien Tax Purposes Only