Changes to the Payroll System for the January 2016 RG1 pay cycle:
- New Medical Aid RatesThe Department of Labor and Industries has changed the rate of payroll deduction from .08795 to .09630 and changed the contribution rate from .22695 to .25760 effective January 1, 2016. The maximum monthly deduction for an employee who works 160 hours in the month has changed to $15.41.
- Federal HealthNew medical premiums have been updated to the Federal Health Plan Table.
- Qualified Tuition ReductionsOne-ninth the semester value for Qualified Tuition Reduction (QTR’s) has been processed this pay cycle. The full value is $5,445.00 divided by 9 = $605.00 per pay cycle. QTR’s cannot be charged to State funds. QTR’s are contributions paid by the department. The cost of the QTR is shown in the contributions portion of the QPREXP conversation in HEPPS/DEPPS Inquiry. 228 QTR’s were processed.
- Graduate Health InsuranceOne-ninth the semester value for Graduate Health Insurance (GTN 251) has been processed this pay cycle. Like QTR’s the contribution for Graduate Health is shown in the contributions portion of the QPREXP conversation of HEPPS/DEPPS Inquiry. The full value is $1,183.00 divided by 9 = $131.45 per pay cycle. Graduate Health contributions were processed for 1,650 graduate assistants on appointments of 50% or greater.
- Spring Work Study LimitsThe 2016 Spring Semester Work Study limits from Financial Aid have been updated in the Payroll System affecting 683 students.
- 2016 W-2 FormsIT has completed the printing of the W-2 Forms and Mailing Services should have them in the mail beginning January 21. The on-line version of the W-2 Form was made available January 21, 2016.
Please contact Payroll at (509) 335-1277 or email@example.com if there are any questions.