- Payroll Services is responsible for processing name changes for students and employees.
- To maintain compliance with the SEVIS system, international students and scholars who have an F-1 or J-1 visa must update the name on their passport and present it to Payroll Services before the name change can be accepted.
- You may complete the Name Change Request Form provided below and bring your supporting documents to Payroll Services 236 French Ad Building or mail them to PO Box 641024 Pullman Wa 99164-1024.
- For your convenience, the Name Change Request Form and legible copies of your supporting documents can be faxed to Payroll Services at (509) 335-1472.
- A letter may be substituted in place of the Name Change Request Form but it must include all items on the Name Change Request Form including your signature and a statement requesting a name change. If your letter is incomplete, it will delay processing.
- Your supporting documents must reflect your new name.
- Acceptable supporting documents for a name change:
|Supply 1 of these:||
|Supply 3 of these:|
|Social Security Card
Credit Card (1 only)
- Upon successful submission of the Name Change Request Form and supporting documents, Payroll will update your name in the University Name and Address file which is accessed by several university student and administrative systems.
Name Change Request Form
|Name Change Request Form||PDF format||80KB|
Other Places to Change Your Name
- Department of Motor Vehicles (Department of Licensing)
|Address||980 S Grand Ave
Pullman, WA 99163-2141
|Hours||Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat:
8:30am - 4:30pm
Thurs: 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Social Security Administration - Name changes.
- Internal Revenue Service - To change your name, click here and select 1203 Form 8822 Change of Address, follow directions and fill in line 5.
- Department of Retirement Systems - for employees enrolled in PERS, TRS or LEOFF, click here for Name/Address Change form.