Payroll Services Direct Deposit FAQs

FAQ’s of Direct Deposit

  • If I was on Direct Deposit last semester, will I still be on it?
    Yes. If you were on Direct Deposit for the last pay cycle of the previous semester, you’ll still be on Direct Deposit unless you requested it to be stopped.
  • Can I have part of my paycheck sent to one bank and the rest of my paycheck sent to another bank?

    Yes, you may have dual direct deposit, however, your secondary direct deposit bank account will be restrictive. The secondary account will either need to be Washington State Employee’s Credit Union (WSECU) or INSPIRUS Credit Union. Your secondary can only be a set amount every paycheck. You will need to initially set up your secondary account with the banks listed previously. If you would like to change or discontinue your secondary account you may complete a form and submit it to WSU Payroll Services located in the French Administration room 236 in Pullman, WA.

  • I am paid as a temporary hourly employee. Can I enroll in Direct Deposit?
    Yes. Direct Deposit is available to all WSU employees who complete a Direct Deposit Authorization Card (below) and provides documentation
    of their bank account type and bank account numbers (checking or savings).Direct Deposit Authorization Card
  • What happens if I close my bank account and forget to notify Payroll Services?
    You will have to WAIT for your net pay to be returned through the Automated Clearinghouse System. Please note that the wait time may be potentially longer.
  • If I just want to change my deposit from going to my checking account to my savings account and my account number doesn’t change, do I still need to tell you?

    Yes. You need to tell us by completing a new Direct Deposit Authorization Card (above) and attach a pre-printed voided check or deposit ticket. Be sure to mark the account type check (either checking or savings) on the Direct Deposit Authorization Card.

  • If I have a payroll deduction at Inspirus Credit Union or at the Washington State Employees Credit Union for my car loan and I also want my net pay to go to the same Credit Union, should I stop my payroll deduction since my paycheck is going to the same Credit Union?
    Yes. Please contact Payroll Services and discontinue your secondary deduction.